Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Thin Place

The name of this blog is based on a phrase used by theologian Marcus Borg to describe a place (or a thing) where the distance between the divine and the secular are narrowed, and we are able to come closer to experiencing the divine.

My hope is that this blog will help me (by writing it) and others (by reading it) experience that kind of "thin place."

This is a continuation of a web page I created some years ago, http://evans-legal.com/dbe/thoughts.html, and I will be copying my previous postings from there to here for the sake of "completeness."

1 comment:

Martin Kelley said...

Hi Daniel: glad to see your newly-reconstituted blog (I guess I always missed the old one). It's nice to see another Philadelphia YM blog, there's remarkably few considering the relative concentration of Friends around here. I just let the QuakerQuaker kids know about A Thin Place and look forward to good reading!
In Friendship, QuakerRanter.org